OPERADORA HOTELERA BRISAS, S.A. DE C.V. (hereinafter “OHB”), a member of the group of companies known as LAS BRISAS HOTEL COLLECTION, domiciled at Av. Universidad No. 1571, piso 3, colonia Florida, delegación Álvaro Obregón, C.P. 01030, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal, Internet website http://www.brisas.com.mx, is responsible for the use and protection of your personal information and with respect thereto we inform you of the following:
Who is and how to contact our corporate director of information protection?
Our corporate director of information protection is the person within OHB who has been formally designated by our director general to foster and safeguard the protection of the personal information we have in our possession, as well as to address the rights of the owners.
For all matters related to the handling and protection of your personal information, you may contact our corporate director of information protection by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
For what purposes will we use your personal information?
The personal information we collect from you is used for the following purposes that are necessary in order to provide you with our services:
- Reserving and/or registering you in the services you request or contract in any of our hotels.
- Attending to any special needs you may have due to your health conditions or incapacities, upon reserving or registering you in the services you request or contract in any of our hotels.
- Granting you memberships or day passes for the use of facilities in any of our hotels.
- Negotiating and drafting preferential rate agreements.
- If you so desire, enrolling you in our rewards programs.
- Preparing your invoices and/or payment receipts.
- Sending you account statements.
- Attending to clarifications, complaints and consultations.
- Making returns or reimbursements.
- Carrying out financial analysis of accounts due.
- Preparing and maintaining our client data base updated.
- In case of debt, carrying out collection procedures.
- In such case, processing or granting you credit.
- Video surveillance, for security reasons.
Additionally, we use your personal information for the following secondary purposes that are not necessary in order to provide you with requested services, but which allow us to provide you with better attention and to promote our services:
- Sending you information regarding our hotels, as well as regarding various seasonal offers.
- Sending you promotions of our rewards programs.
- Client satisfaction surveys (GSI).
- Marketing, advertising, commercial prospecting.
In case you may not want your personal information to be handled for the aforementioned secondary purposes, or for any one of them, from this moment you may notify us by sending an e-mail to our corporate director of information protection.
Your objection to the use of your personal information for these purposes shall not be a motive for denying you the services you request or contract with us, and you have five business days to let us know, without this affecting your deciding later to exercise your right of revocation or opposition.
What personal information will we use for these purposes?
In order to achieve the purposes described in this privacy notice, we shall use the following categories of personal information: Identification; contact; financial and/or patrimonial; labor; health information, which shall be considered as sensitive personal information. We inform you that prior to our collecting your sensitive personal information, we will request your express consent in writing to this privacy notice.
With whom do we share your personal information and for what purposes?
We inform you that your personal information may be transferred within the country to the following individuals or entities, without your consent being legally required:
- Authorities to which we must do so in accordance with law, with the purpose of complying with the corresponding norms.
- Authorities, when the transfer is necessary for the recognition, exercise or defense of rights in a judicial proceeding.
- Medical doctors, paramedics or health service providers, in case of occurrence of an accident, medical emergency or health situation, with the purpose of being able to assist you.
- Companies that belong to our same corporate group (Las Brisas Hotel Collection), which protect your personal information under our same policies and internal procedures, for the following purposes: (i) providing you with the services your request; (ii) statistics information; (iii) commercial prospecting, advertising and marketing.
Likewise, we may transfer your personal identity and contact information to the following individuals or entities, in which cases we do require your consent:
- Credit card payment processors, E-global and Prosa, in case they request information of your consumption due to clarification of charges. The purpose of the transfer is to assist said processors in making the clarification.
- Nearby hotels, in order to support you in securing lodging, in case that due to any contingency beyond our control we may be unable to respect your reservation (only your name is transferred).
- Electronic mailing companies, for the purpose of sending you by e-mail information regarding our services and promotions.
- Companies in the hotel and marketing business in order to promote our services.
If you do not notify us of your objection to making these transfers, which you may do by sending an e-mail to our corporate director of information protection, we will understand that you have granted us your consent.
How can you access, rectify or cancel your personal information or oppose its use?
You have the right to know what personal information we have about you, for what purposes we use it and the conditions of use thereof (Access). Likewise, it is your right to request the correction of your personal information in case it is not up to date, inexact or incomplete (Rectification); that we eliminate it from our records or data bases when you feel it is not being used adequately (Cancellation); as well as to oppose the use of your personal information for specific purposes (Opposition) in the terms allowed under the applicable laws. These rights are known as ARCO.
In order to exercise any one of these ARCO rights, you may submit the respective request by way of e-mail directed to our corporate director of information protection, who shall inform you regarding the procedure and requirements for exercising these rights and shall address any doubt or comment you may have in this regard. Likewise, you may exercise your ARCO rights by requesting and filling out the corresponding form in the reception of OHB, which is titled (“ARCO Rights Application”). Thereafter, our corporate director of information protection will follow up on your request in compliance with the applicable laws.
You may revoke your consent that in such case you may have granted to us. However, it is important to take into account that your request may not be admissible in all cases or that we may be unable to conclude its use immediately, since it is possible that due to certain legal obligations we may have to continue handling your personal information. You must consider that for certain purposes the revocation of your consent will imply that we cannot continue providing the service you requested, or the conclusion of the relationship with us.
In order to revoke your consent, you must submit a request by e-mail to our corporate director of information protection, who shall inform you as to the procedure and requirements for exercising this right and shall address any doubt or comment you may have in this regard. Likewise, you may exercise your revocation right by requesting and filling out the corresponding form in the reception of OHB, which is titled (“ARCO Rights Application”). Thereafter, our corporate director of information protection will follow up on your request in compliance with the applicable laws.
How can you limit the use or disclosure of your personal information?
In addition to the procedure set forth in the immediately preceding section, you may limit the use or disclosure of your personal information in the following manners:
- Registering in the Public Registry to Avoid Advertising in the Federal Consumer Prosecutor’s Office. For more information regarding this option, you may contact the PROFECO directly or access the following link: http://rpc.profeco.gob.mx.
- Sending an e-mail to our corporate director of information protection in which you request your registration in the “Advertising Exclusion List of the Las Brisas Hotel Collection”, for the purpose of not receiving promotional information regarding our products and services.
What is the authority in charge of safeguarding the protection of personal information?
The Federal Institute of Access to Information and Protection of Data (IFAI) is the authority in charge of safeguarding due compliance with the legal provisions in matters of protection of personal information. For more information, you may consult the following Internet website: www.ifai.gob.mx.
How can I know of changes to this privacy notice?
This privacy notice may undergo modifications, changes or updates derived from new legal requirements; from our own needs due to the products or services we provide; from our privacy practices; from changes in our business model, or due to other causes.
We commit ourselves to keeping you informed as to any changes this privacy notice may undergo, through our Internet website, which we invite you to visit frequently in order to know of any changes this privacy notice may have undergone.
The procedure according to which notices of changes or updates of this privacy notice will be carried out is the following: The current version of the privacy notice will be published on our website, with the most recent date of the update, which updated version you may access through the following link: http://www.lasbrisascollection.com/pages/privacy_statement.
Date of most recent update: 20-06-2014.