Our Beautiful Hacienda was discovered by the Tarascans, natives of that region, who decided to call it Jurica which means “place of well-being” because of the beauty of its thermal and crystal waters.
In the XVI century, Emperor Carlos V gives the Hacienda to Viceroy Don Luis de Velazco who after few years, in 1551m gives it to Don Juan Sánchez de Alanis in recognition to his undeniable achievement in the conquest of Querétaro.
It was then when Don Juan Sánchez de Alanis dedicated his life to convert the Hacienda to the best of the region, employing more than 500 people.
Several years after it became part of the assets of Mr. Carlos Urquiza, who was dedicated to agriculture and cattle raising.
How does hotel used to look like in those years?
- Presidential Suite: which is now the living room, used to be the payroll office and the adjacent room used to be the room for the Priest of the Hacienda, who was in charge of performing the Catholic mass and of evangelize the little Tarascan village.
- Calandrias Bar: this bar used to be the main barn, where the used to store the best of the harvest every day.
- The Business Center along with some of the rooms located in the 300’s used to be also part of the barn to store all kind of secondary grains.
- The arches located at La Paloma Azul patio where built since the very beginning of the Hacienda as part of the decoration on the gardens.
- La Fontana Ballroom: this ballroom was built using some of the original aqueduct built by Mr. Fernando de Tapia (Conín) in order to supply the Hacienda with fresh water brought from the nearest river in town.
In 1960 the Hacienda became a property of Mr. Juan Manuel Torreslanda and in 1969 Mr. Torreslanda decided to convert this beautiful Hacienda in a high-end Hotel.
The grand opening took place the 31st of March in 1969, since then we have been dedicated to serve and exceed our Guest’s expectations as if they were the Owners of our Hacienda.
From 1984 to 1991 Hacienda Jurica was part of Camino Real Hotel & Resorts and it was in 1991 when the Cosio Family took over the property and since then this beautiful Hacienda is proudly part of Las Brisas Hotel Collection which brought with it a great deal of events and changes everything always focused to provide the excellence in service.